Mathematica Installation Tutorial
for Biomedical Image Analysis
The TU/e has one of the largest campus licence for Mathematica in the Netherlands. Students and faculty have the permission to install Mathematica on their campus-owned computers. Faculty members may also install a copy on their personal machines.
Mathematica 5.2 and 6.0 Installation:
- The TU/e maintains an English and a Dutch Mathematica installation site for students and employees that explains how to download and how to install a copy of Mathematica. This site not only presents the latest, but also some of the previous versions. However, support is limited to the Windows platform.
- People at the TU/e can obtain Mathematica for platforms other than Windows from the software directory of the wtbfilter.wtb.tue.nl. Members of the BMIA group should turn to the group server. There you can find Mathematica in the Private/Software/Mathematica/ directory.
- To install Mathematica for a singel-user license, you have to provide a license number and a password. There is a common TU/e license number for version 5.2 and a common license number for version 6.0. Mathematica then generates for each computer a special machine ID, with which you can request a password via the internet from Wolfram Research. The details of the installation process are specific to the computer plattform you are using. Follow the links below. Furthermore, when requesting a password, use your full name and quote 'Technische Universiteit Eindhoven' as your organisation.
- installation and testing on Windows computers.
- installation and testing on Macintosh machines running MacOSX.
- installation and testing on LINUX and UNIX plattforms.